Are there any other fees for services?
Federal and state law require all states to collect an annual $25 fee from the custodial parent for cases in which the custodial parent has never received cash assistance benefits in any state, and has received at least $500 in child support payments during the federal fiscal year (October 1 -September 30). The fee is deducted from the child support payment, but the non-custodial parent still receives full credit for the payment.

Show All Answers

1. How can I apply for services to establish, enforce or modify my child support order?
2. Is there a charge for child support services?
3. What happens after I submit my application?
4. Are there any other fees for services?
5. When will I begin receiving my child support payments?
6. What if I want to close my case?
7. What happens if a parent fails to pay child support?
8. If the non-custodial parent does not get regular visits with the child, does he/she still have to pay child support?
9. How is a child support amount determined?
10. How can Child Support Services help to determine a child support obligation?
11. What is the Family Support Registry?
12. How is paternity determined through genetic testing?
13. When can a support order modification be requested?
14. How does a support order modification take place?