News Flash

Arapahoe County News

Posted on: February 7, 2023

DRCOG seeking public comment on proposed transportation projects


The Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) is seeking public comment on a variety of transportation projects up for potential funding, including two from Arapahoe County that would make vast improvements to the High Line Canal Trail. 

The public can weigh in on the 19 proposed projects through Feb. 22 on the DRCOG website: Public Comments: DRCOG TIP Data Hub

Projects under consideration through the DRCOG Transportation Improvement Program, which is funded by federal and state transportation money, have been submitted by Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Douglas, Jefferson and Weld counties, City and County of Denver and Broomfield. 

The projects submitted by Arapahoe County seek to construct underpasses along the High Line Canal Trail at Broadway and at Quebec Street.

The Broadway underpass price tag is $16 million. The proposed underpass would be built 200 feet south of Arapahoe Road and replace the current bridge where the trail currently intersects with Broadway. The County is seeking $12.9 million in funding from DRCOG.

Currently, pedestrians and cyclists must pass four lanes of busy traffic on Broadway, which has limited the use of the underpass. More than 30,000 vehicles travel through the area, making it difficult to cross. 

The county is seeking $1.7 million in funding for the Quebec Street project, which would create a right-of-way for an underpass just south of Iliff Avenue. Like the Broadway crossing, safety and traffic are the top concerns. Pedestrians and cyclists crossing Quebec Street must also navigate four-lanes of traffic in an area where more than 20,000 vehicles travel each day.

Along with improving safety, both underpasses would increase trail access for surrounding neighborhoods. DRCOG funding would account for 80 percent of each project cost. The County and its partners of neighboring cities would pay the remaining 20 percent. 

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in Arapahoe County News

Give us your feedback

Share your feedback

Posted on: March 28, 2023

Yes, in my backyard!

Posted on: March 17, 2023
Image of Arapahoe County Planning Division Manager Jason Reynolds

Affordable housing is no game

Posted on: March 10, 2023
Dove Valley soccer field with Broncos training facility in the background

Dove Valley Regional Park gets a glow-up

Posted on: February 27, 2023
Voted sticker reading: We are Arapahoe County. I voted.

Art competition needs students' skills

Posted on: February 21, 2023

Building closures for Presidents Day

Posted on: February 15, 2023
Graphic of a wine of glass

Spring wine and chalk art festival

Posted on: January 25, 2023
Aid to Agencies

Helping those who help others

Posted on: January 24, 2023
A crowd attends an outdoor fair

Community events announced for 2023

Posted on: January 11, 2023
A street paving truck lays down asphalt on a suburban street

Paving the way to a successful year

Posted on: January 10, 2023
Public Health

5 Things to Know About Public Health

Posted on: December 7, 2022

County building closures for Thanksgiving

Posted on: November 21, 2022
Two women exam a ballot during an audit

Post-election audit scheduled for Monday

Posted on: November 16, 2022
Public Works worker preparing a snow plow before winter

Public Works prepped for 'plow season'

Posted on: November 10, 2022
Arapahoe County logo

Get to Know Arapahoe

Posted on: November 9, 2022
Shocked woman cannot believe her own energy bill

Saving energy and money this winter

Posted on: November 8, 2022
A fire engine is parked in front of a smoldering apartment building

Help fire victims

Posted on: November 4, 2022
Blue graphics that reads National Adoption Month

November is National Adoption Month

Posted on: November 1, 2022
Bird's eye view of tall county building in Aurora

More than you expect

Posted on: October 19, 2022

Arapahoe Day building closures

Posted on: September 28, 2022

17 Mile House Farm Park Dairy History

Posted on: September 13, 2022

Learn how elections work

Posted on: September 15, 2022
Workforce Development Month

Workforce Development Month

Posted on: September 8, 2022
Labor Day

Labor Day building closure

Posted on: August 31, 2022

Heritage and Native Plants at the Farm

Posted on: August 22, 2022
2022 Arapahoe County Fair

Arapahoe County Fair is next week!

Posted on: July 21, 2022

County candidate lot draw announced

Posted on: July 14, 2022

Wastewater and wasting water

Posted on: June 22, 2022

Check the mail for your ballot!

Posted on: June 7, 2022
Bike to work day logo

Bike to Work Day is June 22

Posted on: June 1, 2022

Public Works—Ready and Resilient

Posted on: May 11, 2022

Stage 2 Open Burning Ban

Posted on: April 21, 2022
Arapahoe County Health Department logo

Public health is more than you think

Posted on: March 16, 2022