Community Service Block Grants
The Senior Resources Division administers the Community Service Block Grant program (CSBG), which are funds distributed by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and passed through the Colorado Department of Local Affairs. These funds are distributed on a formula basis and intended to help to alleviate the causes and conditions of poverty in communities.
The grants are issued on a three-year cycle. Arapahoe County reviews the needs of the community every three years and creates a funding plan to address the needs of low-income individuals in the community that reflects the resources available to meet those needs.
For grant years 2011-2013, Arapahoe County has allocated CSBG funds to operate the Homemaker Program, which helps seniors to remain independent and self-sufficient in their own homes by providing free housekeeping assistance. The program serves individuals at 125 percent or less of the Federal Poverty Level.
CSBG Advisory Committee
This CSBG Advisory Committee advises the Board of County Commissioners concerning the administration of the CSBG program.
Learn more about becoming a member and the commitment to serving on the Council and apply today!
Current members include:
- Dan Burnham, Executive Director of South Metro Housing Options
- Sandra Blyth-Perry, Executive Director of Interfaith Community Services
- Linda Jaster, Aurora Housing Authority
- Linda Rinelli, Senior Hub
- Nancy Jackson, Board of County Commissioners
- Pat Vigil, Citizen Representative
- Priscilla Henson, Citizen Representative
- Vacant, Citizen Representative
- Vacant, Business or Non-profit Organization Serving Low Income People
Learn about Citizen Boards and Committees.