- Public Works and Development
- Transportation Division
- Traffic Operations Program
Works with the County Road and Bridge division for signing and striping of county roads, from rural gravel roads to six-lane urban arterials.
Works with developers and land development engineers to ensure adequate and appropriate traffic control devices are part of new development.
Reviews and approves requests for street closures as part of the County permit process.
Performs traffic engineering studies.
Recent Traffic Studies
Traffic Signal Operations
Report a traffic signal problem or find out which jurisdiction is responsible for the operation of a traffic signal in Arapahoe County through this interactive map.
- Accident Records
- Block Party and Street Closure Procedures
- Engineering Service Requests
- Arapahoe County Traffic Operations Policy and Procedures
- Request for Speed Radar / Enforcement
- Traffic Counts
- Traffic Operations Educational Information
Traffic Operations Goals
Goals established for traffic operations activities include the following:
- Manage the existing transportation system to ensure safe and efficient operation through participation in the Traffic Signal Control System as part of the National Intelligent Transportation System architecture.
- Respond in a timely manner to the public and other jurisdictional entities in matters of traffic safety, traffic trends, transportation plans and planning efforts.
- Maintain and enhance where possible the basic accessibility and efficient mobility for present and future residents of the county and surrounding jurisdictions, by continually evaluating strategies for upgrading the existing traffic signal capabilities to match real-time traffic patterns / volumes.
- Guide improvement programs to ensure a continuing review and update of transportation facility needs and classification.
- Provide appropriate direction to land developers such that all new developments have proper signal, sign and striping components in their traffic control plans.
- Continue to implement the programs within the neighborhoods to more effectively address localized traffic related concerns.
- Make timely amendments to the transportation plan as needed to maximize multi-department, multi-jurisdictional and region-wide transportation opportunities.