Licenses, Permits, and Approvals

COVID-19 Service Updates

Lima Street office open by appointment only beginning May 18. 
Call 720-874-6500 Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. 

Citizen Access for BuildingEngineering and Planning cases, permits, applications and more. 

The Public Works and Development Department is responsible for a wide variety of licenses, permits, approvals, and agreements for use of land and roadways primarily within the unincorporated areas of Arapahoe County. Specific information on these can be found through the navigation choices on the left side of this page which include, but are not limited to, the following:
  • Animal Control - Dog licenses.
  • Building - Permits for new building construction, reconstruction, interior finish, remodeling, certain fences, walls and signs, and variances to the Building Code.
  • Engineering Services - Land use and development plan review of drainage studies, traffic studies, soils reports, pavement designs, construction drawings, GESC approvals and grading permits, Public Improvement Construction Permits, Street Cut and Right-of-Way Use Permits, Floodplain Development Permits, Oversize / Overweight Vehicle Permits, improvement agreements, floodplain modifications and floodplain management, and variances to engineering requirements.
  • Oil and Gas and Solar - Land use approvals and permits for oil and gas exploration, production, and site development and solar facilities.
  • Planning and Land Development - Rezoning of property, land use and development plan approvals, development agreements, and amendments to the Land Development Code and Comprehensive Plan.
  • Traffic Operations - Block party / street closure(s).
  • Zoning - Variances, special exception uses, temporary use permits, fence and sign permits, bus bench licensing agreements, and hearings for appeals of land use determinations.