Public Works and Development
COVID-19 Service Update
Lima Street office open by appointment only. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Please call 720-874-6600 to make an appointment and when you arrive so that a staff member can assist you with entrance to the building.
Use Citizen Access for Building, Engineering and Planning cases, permits, applications and more.
- Building: Inspections (residential & commercial) have resumed and will be scheduled based on site-specific conditions. Info at www.arapahoegov.com/building, 720-874-6600 or email@example.com
- Planning: 720-874-6650 for planning services or use Citizen Access to check project status
- Zoning: 720-874-6711 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for zoning, subdivision and weed regulations and enforcement
- Engineering: 720-874-6500 for general inquiries or Citizen Access to check project status
- Animal control: 720-874-6750 or email email@example.com for field response, complaints, reports or other questions
- Records requests: 720-874-6500 or email PWDRecords@ArapahoeGov.com for unincorporated parts of the County
- Mapping: 720-874-6686 for services
- Road & Bridge: 720-874-ROAD (7623) for questions about current projects and/or request for service
- Transportation/Traffic: call 720-874-6500 for questions about current projects or traffic service requests
The Public Works department strives to enhance the quality of life within unincorporated Arapahoe County. It provides safe, effective transportation, and building of communities through quality planning, design, construction and maintenance in the following areas.
We’re Hiring! Arapahoe County seeks highly motivated and collaborative professionals committed to public service. We are hiring for a variety of positions. View our current job openings..
What We Do
Building - Code enforcement, plan review, permits, inspection and certificates of occupancy
Engineering - Infrastructure review, floodplain and stormwater regulations, permits and inspections
Oil/Gas and Energy - Permit Applications for exploration and production facilities
Planning and Land Development - Development review and land use planning
Road and Bridge - Maintenance, snow removal, potholes and more
Transportation - Studies, capital infrastructure projects, regional projects and traffic engineering/operations/ITS
Other areas of operations include:
Animal Control - Regulations, complaints and animal welfare
Mapping and GIS - Mapping support and geographically linked data
Weed Control - Mitigation of noxious weeds
Zoning - Land Development Code regulations enforcement
Need a quick answer? Learn more about Public Works ON CALL.
Setting the standard in public works and development
In 2018, Arapahoe County Public Works became the 137th agency in North America and the first County in Colorado to earn accreditation through the American Public Works Association. Less than one percent of the nation’s public works agencies have earned this distinction. Accreditation symbolizes the department’s commitment to continual improvement to the quality of life for Arapahoe County citizens.