Due to rising COVID-19 rates and in an effort to align with other county agencies, the Public Trustee’s Office will be closed from Nov. 23-29 and will reopen on Monday, Nov. 30, 2020.
During this time you can leave a voicemail at 303-730-0071 or email us at email@example.com and your message will be returned during business hours.
Important Notice Regarding COVID-19 Emergency Measures
Foreclosure Auction Postponement
Due to event restriction guidelines associated with the county’s "Level Red" COVID status, all foreclosure auctions are being postponed until Jan. 6, 2021.
Please note the safety protocols that will be in place for all upcoming foreclosure sales:
- Face masks covering both nose and mouth must be worn AT ALL TIMES during the foreclosure sale and in the East Hearing Room prior to the sale starting.
- Social distancing will be in place in the East Hearing Room – please ONLY sit where the tape is placed. This ensures all attendees are at least 6 feet apart.
- PLEASE FILL OUT BID SHEET FOR EACH PROPERTY YOU ARE BIDDING ON PRIOR TO ARRIVAL TO SALE.
- Please adhere to any and all additional rules given upon arrival to the foreclosure sale.
Appointment-only Safety Protocols:
- Please call our office at 303-730-0071 upon arrival to confirm your name and time of appointment.
- Once appointment is confirmed, please proceed to the door of our suite and ring the doorbell for a staff member to let you in.
- Face masks covering both mouth and nose must be worn inside the building and in our offices.
- Upon entering our offices, please immediately use the hand sanitizer on the counter prior to handing any documents to staff member.
Thank you for helping us keep everyone safe.
The Arapahoe County Public Trustee's Office acknowledges receipt of all email we receive. If you do not receive a response, we did not receive your email.
What We Do
The Public Trustee handles :
- Foreclosures of Deeds of Trust
- Releases of Deeds of Trust
- Tax Escrow Accounts for land purchase contracts for properties located in Arapahoe County.
What We Don't Do
The Public Trustee does not:
- Give legal advice – please contact an attorney or the Free Foreclosure Hotline (877-601-4673).
- Handle Tax Sales - please contact the County Treasurer
- Handle Judicial Foreclosures - please contact the Sheriff 720-874-3845
- Release private trustee mortgage transactions – Please contact the Clerk and Recorder
- Handle federal auctions, such as HUD or VA
- Have information regarding liens on foreclosed property – Please contact the Clerk and Recorder
- Have access to the foreclosed property
- Process evictions - please contact the Sheriff 720-874-3845
The Arapahoe County Public Trustee holds foreclosure sales at 10 a.m. on Wednesdays.
County Administration Building
East Hearing Room
5334 South Prince St.
Littleton, CO 80120
NOTICE: No sale will be held:
Wed. Nov. 25, 2020
Wed. Dec. 23, 2020
Wed. Dec. 30, 2020
Delays or Closures
If there is a county-wide delayed start or closure on the day of the sale, the sale will be continued to the next week that a sale is scheduled. When in effect, delay and closure notices are posted on the homepage of www.arapahoegov.com.
Notice to an Owner in Foreclosure
Prohibition of Dual Tracking
If you, as the borrower, believe that a lender or servicer has failed to provide you with a single point of contact, as required by Colorado law (C.R.S. §38-38-103.1) or that the lender is pursuing foreclosure despite the fact that you submitted a completed loss mitigation, or you have been offered and accepted a loss mitigation option, pursuant to C.R.S. §38-38-103.2, you may file a complaint with the Colorado Attorney General, the Federal Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), or both. The filing of a complaint will not stop the foreclosure process.
If your property goes to foreclosure auction sale and is sold for more than the total owed to the lender and to all other lien holders, you may be entitled to any remaining funds. C.R.S. 38-38-111 (2.5)(a) Please call our office at (303) 730-0071 to find out if you are entitled to any remaining funds. If you contact us directly, there is no cost to you to claim any excess funds owed to you.
It is now illegal to charge a Finder's Fee to help a homeowner recover overbid funds until at least 2-1/2 years after the foreclosure sale.
Transfer of Ownership Ownership of the property does not transfer until all redemption periods have expired and the title vests with the new owner. This could be as soon as 8 business days after the foreclosure sale or longer, depending on whether any junior lienholders have filed Intents to Redeem.
Public Trustee Open Records Fee Policy
The Arapahoe County Public Trustee may charge for research and retrieval time necessary to respond to requests for records under the Colorado Open Records Act (“CORA”) in order to pay for the cost of staff and custodians of public records. Pursuant to C.R.S. §24-72-205(6), effective July 1, 2014, staff time may be charged at a rate not to exceed $30.00 per hour. There shall be no charge for the first hour of time for research and retrieval of records.
When a record custodian receives a CORA request, the custodian may estimate the research and retrieval time it will take to research and retrieve the records requested. The estimate of time and the appropriate fee may be provided to the requester before work is performed, to determine if the requester seeks to move forward with his/her request, understanding the associated cost. The custodian may require the requester to pay the fee before proceeding to research and retrieve the records. If the requester pays the fee based on the estimate and the time necessary to subsequently perform the research and retrieval of the records is less than the estimate, the custodian shall give a refund to the requester.
This website is intended to provide general information only. Please consult a lawyer for advice on a specific situation, or contact the
FREE Foreclosure Hotline: http://www.coloradoforeclosurehotline.org/