Apply for Services

How to Apply

There are several ways to apply for child support services through Arapahoe County:
  • Online: Apply online through the Colorado Division of Child Support. You may submit the application online, or print a copy and mail it to us. Submitting an application online is recommended.
  • In-Person: If you don't have a computer, you may access the online application at a computer kiosk located in our lobby.
  • By Mail: Call our Customer Service Center at 303-752-8900 to request that an application be mailed to you. Then complete the application and mail or deliver it to our office.

Additional Documents

In addition to your completed application, you must provide a copy of each applicable document:
  • Your photo ID
  • Each child’s birth certificate
  • Existing child support order, divorce decree, separation agreement or other order
  • A photograph of the other parent, if available
Notary services and a copy machine are available at no cost in our office for client records.

Application Fee

A $20 non-refundable application fee must be paid to complete the application process. Make a check or money order payable to Arapahoe County Department of Human Services. If you have applied for or are receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), this fee may not be required. You will receive notice by mail when your application, supporting documents and fee have been received and your case has been initiated.

Cases in Other States

If you live in another state, please contact the nearest child support office in your state and complete their application. The other state will establish and enforce an order there or will involve a Colorado county directly if needed.