The Child and Adult Protection Services Division receives reports of child abuse and neglect and works with families to identify and resolve concerns for children’s safety and well-being. Our goal is to strengthen families and ensure the safety, well-being and permanency of every child.
Report Child Abuse and Neglect
If you believe a child is in immediate danger, please call 9-1-1. If you have concerns that a child is being abused or neglected but is not in immediate danger, please call our 24/7 hotline at 303-636-1750 or the statewide hotline at 1-844-CO-4-KIDS. Your report is confidential.
Child Protection Services
- Intake teams receive calls regarding suspected child abuse and neglect from community members, screen those referrals for assignment and meet with children and families to assess the concerns.
- Permanency teams work with families to create and implement treatment plans and services to resolve concerns for children’s safety and well-being.
- The Collaborative Foster Care Program recruits, trains and supports foster families who provide temporary care for children while biological parents work to address safety concerns.
- The Adoption Program finds ‘forever families’ to adopt our waiting children who cannot be reunified with their parents due to unresolved safety concerns.
- Mandatory reporter training instructs professionals working in Arapahoe County who are required by law to report child abuse and neglect.
- Listening to the Needs of Kids (LINKS)engages and works with families to develop plans for the safety and care of children and support of families through a family-centered process for decision making.