Child and Adult Protection Services
The Child and Adult Protection Services division offers financial assistance and a wide variety of services to support children and families in our community.
Services We Provide
- Child Protection responds to concerns about child abuse and neglect, and provides services to families to help strengthen parenting and resolve concerns for children’s safety and well-being.
- Adult Protection responds to concerns about abuse and neglect of vulnerable adults and provides services to assure safety and well-being and supports to their caregivers.
- The Collaborative Foster Care Program recruits, trains and supports foster families who provide temporary care for children while biological parents work to address safety concerns
- The Adoption Program finds ‘forever families’ to adopt our waiting children who cannot be reunified with their parents due to unresolved safety concerns
- Adolescent/Youth in Conflict Services serves families and teens when the youth face serious conflicts and behavioral concerns.
- Child Support Services works to ensure that children receive the financial and medical support that they need and deserve from both parents.
- Classes and Workshops are free resources and programs for clients receiving services from Arapahoe County Human Services.
- Listening to the Needs of Kids (LINKS) engages and works with families to develop plans for the safety and care of children and support of families through a family-centered process for decision making.
- We also assist with an array of food, financial and medical benefits that are available for parents and children, veterans and seniors.
Services By the Numbers
See the 2020 leading programs and facts for our Child and Adult Protection Services division.
The Two-Generation Approach
We incorporate the Two-Generation (2Gen) Approach with each family which addresses the needs of children and their parents together and the needs of vulnerable adults and their caregivers together to ensure that they are on set on a path to permanent economic security. Learn more about the 2Gen Approach.
Report Abuse or Neglect
If you believe a child or vulnerable adult is in immediate danger, please call 9-1-1. If you have concerns that a child or vulnerable adult is being abused or neglected but is not in immediate danger, please call our 24/7 hotline at 303-636-1750. Your report is anonymous and confidential.