Free Energy Saving Services

Why Weatherize?

To save on annual utility costs, identify potentially life-threatening safety issues, to stay cooler in summer and warmer in winter. Read on for eligibility and how to apply. You may already be eligible if you receive LEAP, Colorado Works (TANF), SNAP, Aid to the Needy Disabled, Old Age Pension or Supplemental Social Security Income (SSI).

303-636-1982  |

What is Weatherization?

Education, helpful tips and the following list of possible services: 

  • Energy audit of the home to determine services
  • Energy conservation information
  • Furnace and water heater safety test
  • Furnace replacement, if eligible
  • Insulation in attics, walls and crawl spaces
  • Storm Windows, if eligible
  • Solar
  • Sealing air leaks
  • LED light bulbs
  • Final inspection of work

Materials and services are provided at no cost. Owner-occupied homes and *rentals can receive weatherization services including:

  • Single-family houses
  • Mobile homes
  • Multi-family units up to a four-plex

Weatherization Assistance Program

Weatherization is free for qualifying low-income households in either Arapahoe or Adams Counties.

It is a professional audit of your home to determine what energy-conserving updates or installations will keep you cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter and lower your utility bills. 

There are three ways you can apply for the program:

  1. Online
  2. By Mail
  3. In Person

Step 1. Is your home eligible?

  • The home may not have had any weatherization services in the last 15-years and one month. 
  • The applicant, or a resident of your home, must be lawfully present in the United States
  • The applicant/resident(s) of the home must meet income eligibility at less than 60% of the State Median Income (SMI). View the income guidelines.
  • All residents of the home MUST be included in the application 
  • For rental properties, landlords must agree to participate in the program

Step 2. Gather documents and information to submit

  • Photo ID (applicant's current and unexpired copy)
  • Public Assistance approval letter (if anyone living in your home receives). If no one receives public assistance, skip to the next item:
    • Aid to the Needy Disabled (AND)
    • Low-income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) 
    • Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) 
    • Supplemental Security Income (SSI)  
    • Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
  • If no residents in your home receive public assistance benefits, please gather:
  • Your energy provider account number (for example, Xcel)
  • RENTERS: Your landlord must complete the consent agreement for you to submit with your application

Step 3. Your checklist before you start your application

  • Current/unexpired Photo ID
  • Public Assistance Approval Letters (if applicable)
  • Income verification (if applicable)
  • Unemployment affidavits (if applicable)
  • Self-Employment affidavits (if applicable)
  • The landlord consent form (if applicable)

Step 4. Apply:

Apply now for traditional Weatherization