- Community Resources
- Assistance Programs
- Veteran Services
Helping veterans and their dependents obtain the federal and state benefits they may be eligible to receive. Thank you, veterans, for your honorable service to our grateful nation!
Make an Appointment Today!
Our services are by appointment only. Call 303-738-8045 to schedule at one of our two locations.
You'll receive a needs assessment so an accredited officer can provide personalized services and determine eligibility. Appointments are available in-person in Littleton or Aurora or virtually:
- Littleton—1690 W. Littleton Blvd. Suite 110, Littleton, CO 80120
- Aurora—15400 E 14th Pl., Aurora, CO 80011
Not a resident of Arapahoe County? Find a Veteran Service Officer in another county.
- Assess your needs
- Determine eligibility
- Advocate for benefits
- Prepare & present claims/applications to the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs
- Provide resources
- Referrals to a variety of supportive community programs & services
Veterans or their dependents may be eligible for the following benefits. Make an appointment today for an accredited officer to determine eligibility and provide additional information about these VA programs.
- Service-Connected Disability Compensation - Current, chronic medical conditions caused by injuries or illness in service or pre-existing condition aggravated by service
- VA Pension - Income and net-worth based program
- Survivor Benefits - Dependency and Indemnity Compensation and Survivors Pension
- Burial Benefits - Allowance, Flag, Headstone/Marker, Presidential Memorial Certificate
For more information on these benefits, visit the VA Website for the Benefits Manual.
Veterans Stand Down Event
Veterans and active service members, join Arapahoe County for the Stand Down event on June 30. There will be food trucks, a job fair and information on resources available to you. The event will be held in the Arapahoe County Fairgrounds East Hall from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
The resource fair:
- Over 40 vendors will have booths at the event, offering a variety of resources including stations for vaccines, haircuts and acupuncture.
- There will also be trucks for showers and laundry provided by Project Dignity on site.
- Food trucks and free hot dogs will be available.
The job fair:
- This portion of the event is sponsored by Arapahoe/Douglas Works!
- There will be over 25 employers on site looking to hire veterans onto their team.
- There will be semi-confidential tables at the event for resume reviews and interview preparation.
- No interviews will be conducted at this job fair.
- Arapahoe/Douglas Works! is always hosting workshops that are free for you to attend. These cover resume building, job searching, interview prep and more. Learn more here.
- Free transportation is available from select locations. More information to come.
Thank you to our sponsors: AllHealth Network, Valley Hope, Colorado Chamber Aurora, Senior Helpers, and American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.
Interested in volunteering at the event? Visit the Volunteer Connections page.
Job Fair Employers
- ACI Learning
- Allied Universal
- Aurora Public Schools
- Caesars Entertainment
- Colorado Department of Corrections
- Colorado Department of Human Services
- Colorado Department of Public Safety
- Corporate Management Group
- Denver Sheriff
- Douglas County School District
- FedEx Ground
- First Command
- Goodwill of Colorado
- Highpoint Home Care
- Hyatt Properties
- Jeffcom 911
- Kelly Education
- King Soopers
- SAS Albertsons Denver
- Transportation Security Administration
- U.S. Census Bureau
- U.S. Customs and Border Patrol
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- Valiant Staffing
- Xcel Energy