Arapahoe County’s Community Resources Department assists needy individuals and builds strong communities through various divisions and programs. These services are provided at no cost to citizens through the support of Arapahoe County and various state and federal grants.
- Administrative Services: Supports the department with clerical and fiscal management.
- Arapahoe / Douglas Works! Workforce Center: Offers employment and training services to job-seekers and employers in Arapahoe and Douglas counties.
- Housing and Community Development: Administers grants for housing and community development projects that support the County’s low to moderate-income and special needs populations.
- Judicial Services: Provides alternative sentencing programs for District and County courts.
- Prescription Drug Discount Card: Offers a discount on prescription medications that are not covered by insurance.
- Senior Resources: Assists seniors with light housekeeping, heavier chores and rides to appointments and grocery stores.
- Veterans Services: Assists veterans and their dependents with filing for VA benefits.
- Volunteer Connections: Connects citizens to volunteer opportunities in County offices, departments and events.
- Weatherization: Installs energy-efficiency measures in low-income households.
Citizen Boards and Committees
The Community Resources Department also serves as liaison to the following citizen boards and committees: