We are pleased to announce that the Arapahoe County Clerk and Recorder’s Office is again processing passport applications. Services are by appointment only. Walk-in applicants will not be served.
Please make an appointment if this is your first time applying for a passport, or if you are not eligible to renew through the mail. To determine if you are eligible to renew through the mail and avoid paying the $35 application fee, please visit the State Department website.
Due to high demand, appointments are booking quickly. If you do not see an available time on the scheduling tool, please check back the following day. More appointments are released on a daily basis.
What to Bring
All applicants must be present. Please bring:
- Unsigned, completed passport application form in black ink only for each applicant (must include your social security number);
- One color passport photo measuring 2 inches by 2 inches for each applicant (Note: You must remove eyeglasses for photos);
- Proof of citizenship, such as certified birth certificate, naturalization certificate or previous passport for each applicant;
- A valid, permanent photo ID for each applicant;
- A check or money order payable to "Arapahoe County Clerk" for the processingfee of exactly $35 per application; and,
- Check(s) or money order(s) payable to "Department of State" for the application fee for each application.
If applying for a minor child, both the child and parents/legal guardian(s) must be present. To learn about special requirements for children 16 and under, and for all passport and travel information, please visit the Travel State website.
For more information about applying for a passport in Arapahoe County, please call us at 303-795-4520.
Check the Status of Your Application
To check on the status of an application in process, please visit the National Passport Information Center website or call 1-877-487-2778.