Commissioner Jessica Campbell-Swanson
Serving District 2
Jessica Campbell-Swanson is serving her first term as commissioner representing District 2, which includes Centennial, Greenwood Village, a portion of Aurora and unincorporated central Arapahoe County.
She was sworn into office Jan. 9, 2023. Her current term expires January 2027.
Jessica's goals are focused on supporting the community through complex times, striving to ensure public resources are used to positively affect our growing county. Whether tackling housing and mental health issues or growing our local economy, Jessica is invested in making Arapahoe County healthy, thriving, and sustainable.
Jessica represents the County’s interests on a variety of boards and committees, including:
- Arapahoe County Water and Wastewater Authority (ACWWA)
- Arapahoe County Board of Social Services
- Arapahoe County Executive Budget Committee
- Arapahoe County Housing Authority
- Colorado Counties, Inc.: General Government
- Colorado Counties, Inc.: Taxation and Finance
- Denver South Board of Directors and Transportation Management Association
- Forfeiture Board, Office of the 18th Judicial District Attorney
- Homeless Coordination Committee
- Metro Area County Commissioners
- Public Airport Authority
- Southeast Metro Stormwater Authority (SEMSWA)
Jessica earned her Master’s in Comparative Politics, her Juris Doctorate from the University of Denver, and is a licensed attorney with the Colorado Bar. After stints teaching English, practicing Election Law, and working at a local political consulting firm where she worked on international, local, and statewide campaigns, Jessica launched her own political consulting firm in 2017. In that capacity, she worked on city, state and national campaigns and recently served as the Chief of Staff to Representative Iman Jodeh (HD41) for the 2021 and 2022 General Assembly sessions. In that role, Jessica focused on housing, health care, electoral, and immigration policy while managing staff and communications for Rep. Jodeh.
Jessica moved to Colorado in 2008 and has raised her family in Arapahoe County. Her husband Nick and stepchildren Oliver and Charlotte are proud to call Arapahoe County home.
Chief of Staff, Representative Iman Jodeh (HD41), 2021 & 2022 General Assembly Sessions
- Principal & Founder, Brighter Day Strategies
- University of Colorado, Denver, ESL Professor
- Juris Doctorate, University of Denver
- * Environmental Law Clinic TA
- Master of Arts in Comparative Politics, University of Denver
- Bachelor of Science in Philosophy, History, and Political Science, Southern Nazarene University
- * World Civilizations TA
- No One Should Be Hungry, Period, 2020 - Present
- Colorado Lawyers Committee, Election Task Force, 2014-2018