- Board of County Commissioners
- Commissioner Leslie Summey
Commissioner Leslie Summey
Serving District 4
Leslie Summey is serving her first term as commissioner representing District 4, which includes the unincorporated area in north Arapahoe County and portions of the City of Aurora.
She was sworn into office Jan. 9, 2023. Her current term expires January 2027.
Leslie Summey is a mother, US Navy veteran, Retired Army spouse, union member, advocate, and proud Coloradan dedicated to improving Arapahoe County. As Commissioner, Summey, will focus on many issues that affect the lives of county residents, including Veterans’ services, housing affordability and insecurity, and expanding access to public and mental health services.
Leslie represents the County’s interests on a variety of boards and committees, including:
- Arapahoe County Regional Opioid Abatement Council
- Aurora Economic Development Council
- Arapahoe County Board of Social Services
- Colorado Counties, Inc. : Justice and Public Safety
- Colorado Counties, Inc.: Land Use and Natural Resources
- Centennial Airport Noise Roundtable
- Cherry Creek Basin Water Quality Authority
- Forfeiture Committee, Sheriff's Office
- Housing Authority
- Metro Area County Commissioners (MACC)
- Mile High Flood District
- (Alternate) Southeast Metro Stormwater Authority (SEMSWA)
- Arapahoe County Foundation, Inc. Board of Directors
- Community Services Block Grant Advisory Committee
- Arapahoe County Justice Coordinating Committee
Leslie attended Colorado College before enlisting in the United States Navy. Her duty stations included Charleston, SC and San Diego, CA. She ended her military career in Washington, DC, at the United States Navy Band. Leslie and her husband, Harold, have five children.
- Legislative Aide, Colorado—HD 6, 2020-2021
- Arapahoe County Subcommittee on Racial Equity in the Criminal Justice System, 2021-present
Leslie has always been an active parent in her children’s educations, having served on the Board of Trustees, chairing their Parents of African American Students affinity group in Virginia, and establishing another Parents of African American Students affinity group in Colorado.
- Zonta International—Member
- Jack and Jill of America, Inc.—Member
- Political Workers Guild of Colorado—Member (inactive)