Shopping With WIC Tips
The WIC Program cares about you and your family. Please share your feedback, experiences at the store, or let us know if you need additional help shopping with WIC.
Shopping with eWIC
Shopping with the eWIC card makes shopping quick, easy and convenient The eWIC card offers these benefits:
- One card holds the entire families benefits.
- Cards can be loaded remotely without an office visit.
- Self-checkout can be used at King Soopers, Safeway and Walmart stores.
- Make a shopping list before going to make your trip faster.
eWIC Card PIN Numbers
PIN numbers can be set or reset by:
- Calling the automated phone line at 1-844-234-4950.
- Log onto www.ebtedge.com and enter in your 16 digit eWIC card number.
- Call your local WIC office to reset your PIN or if you have questions.
Food Benefit Balance
There are many ways to find out what your monthly balance is on your eWIC card:
- Download the WICShopper app, register your eWIC card and click the "My Benefits" button for your most current balance.
- Keep your receipt from your last WIC purchase which includes an updated balance.
- Check your current and future months food balance at www.ebtedge.com.
- Call 1-844-234-4950
- Ask a grocery store cashier to check your balance for you.
Colorado WIC offers the FREE WICShopper app to help families manage their WIC benefits. The WICShopper app has many great features including:
- A scanner to aid in selecting WIC foods
- Your current balance of foods loaded onto your card
- The WIC Foods list in a variety of languages
- Quick access to WIChealth.org online nutrition information
- Ability to set-up reminders to shop before benefits expire each month
Shopping with eWIC Videos
- Colorado WIC Shopping Tips | Español
- Reading WIC Shopping Receipts
- WICShopper App Tips
- Scanning Bar Codes
Foods on the WIC Program are wholesome and chosen to provide the nutrients your family members need.
- Learn more about the WIC foods including the list and shopping guides.
- Watch this video to learn more about shopping for WIC foods (in Spanish).
- Fresh basil, cilantro, parsley, garlic and ginger root can be purchased with your eWIC card. Learn more about purchasing herbs and spices.
WIC-Approved Grocery Stores
A variety of grocery stores accept WIC benefits, ask your WIC staff for locations near you.
- View a list of participating stores on the WICShopper app.
- Ask your local grocery store clerks if they accept WIC benefits if you are unsure.
- Many WIC approved stores use shelf stickers to help shoppers find their WIC foods easily.
- The self check-out lanes can be used at King Soopers, City Market and Walmart grocery stores.
- Participating grocery stores will post a WIC decal on their front window or door.
15400 E. 14th Pl., Suite 115
Aurora, CO 80011
15192 E. Hampden Ave.
Aurora, CO 80014
4857 S. Broadway
Englewood, CO 80113