Nurse Family Partnership
Nurse-Family Partnership (NFP) is a voluntary community health home visitation program for women who are having their first baby. The program is dedicated to helping first time mothers of any age have a healthy pregnancy, become knowledgeable and successful parents, and provide their babies with the best possible start in life.
Each enrolled mother is partnered with a registered nurse who will visit her in her home, or at a safe place throughout pregnancy, and until the baby is 2 years old. The relationship that develops between mother and nurse promotes improved prenatal and maternal health, improved child development and leads to increased family self-sufficiency.
This national program is proven to be effective, based on 3 decades of extensive research.
For First Time Moms
As a first time mom, you most likely have many questions about your pregnancy, taking care of your new baby and providing for your family's needs. Our nurse home visitors can address your questions and concerns, and focus on the things that are most important to you as you begin your journey into motherhood.
Your nurse will visit every week or two during your pregnancy and up until your baby is 2 years old. You and your nurse will decide the exact schedule. During these visits, your nurse will offer the knowledge and support you need to confidently create a better life for your baby and yourself.
Your nurse will help you:
- Have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby.
- Improve confidence and enjoyment in parenting.
- Build a strong network of support for you and your baby.
- Make your home a safe place for your baby to live and play.
- Get referrals for healthcare, childcare, job training, and other support services.
- Find ways to continue your education and develop job skills.
- Set goals for your family's future and find ways to help you reach them.
The Nurse Family Partnership program is offered in all 64 counties in Colorado.
Nurse-Family Partnership is available to any woman who:
- Is pregnant with her first child
- Meets income requirements
- Lives in Arapahoe County
You can enroll at any time during your pregnancy. We encourage you to enroll as early as possible to help you get the best start for you and your baby.
To sign up or for more information, call 303-795-HLTH (4584).