Special Food Events

A special event food establishment operates at a fixed location for a period of time not to exceed 14 consecutive days in conjunction with a single event or celebration.

Special events DO NOT include regularly scheduled events at sporting arenas, concert halls and venues, flea markets, or farmers' markets, or events served by licensed caterers or promotional events such as grand openings.

All food vendors participating in a special event must have a license to operate as either a mobile food unit or as a special event vendor (cottage foods are excepted). Contact 303-795-HLTH for assistance with licensing.  

Special Event Coordinators must fill out the Special Event Coordinator Application. Applications must be submitted at least 30 days prior to the event. 

If you have previously submitted a Special Event Vendor Application in Arapahoe County and your menu has not significantly changed, you are NOT required to submit another one.  A current menu, a current Commissary Agreement, a current Department of Revenue License and payment are all still required.  

Contact Us

  1. Environmental Health

    Email Environmental Health

    Altura Plaza
    15400 E. 14th Pl., Suite 115
    Aurora, CO 80011

    6162 S. Willow Dr., Suite 100
    Greenwood Village, CO 80111

    Phone: 303-795-HLTH (4584)

    Event attendance request