Homeless Coordinating Committee
On any single night in Arapahoe County over 514 of our neighbors are facing homelessness. Many of our neighbors are living on the brink, just one lost paycheck or emergency expense away from a crisis. This is why addressing homelessness is important to the quality of life in our communities. It is a complex social challenge that no singular agency can solve on its own. Partnership is the foundation to finding solutions.
That is why Arapahoe County is working with more than 100 local municipalities, agencies and individuals to take a regional approach to the issue. The Homeless Coordinating Committee (HCC) will manage resources, leverage partnerships, and collaborate to provide enhanced access to services.
The vision is to ensure shared goals across the county and throughout the existing efforts in place, coordinate priorities together, and joint implementation.
- Policy: advise strategic direction, steward support and secure/leverage funding
- Executive Leadership: recommend multi-year plans, direct/oversee implementation and establish metrics
- Technical Advisory Committees: provide specific expertise to develop programs and services, identify solutions
If you're interested in joining the committee, please contact Maura Masters at email@example.com.
Over the years, local partnerships and organizations have formed to set the foundation for future work. What these groups have accomplished is amazing and set a foundation for the coordinating committee and future work. Change the Trend and Tri-Cities Homelessness Policy Group, the Arapahoe County Justice Coordinating Committee (ACJCC) Behavioral Health Subcommittee and Visioning Summit, the Permanent Supportive Housing Toolkit, the Arapahoe County committee on impacting homelessness, the Center for Housing and Homelessness Research (CHHR), and Aurora at Home to name a few.
The 5 Priorities
- PREVENT: Outreach and service coordination to maintain housing
- PROMOTE: Safe shelters and affordable housing options
- PRESENT: Data reporting and shared knowledge
- PROVIDE: Supportive services
- PARTNER: Maximize resources and create legislative alignment / policy action
An Arapahoe County network committed to fostering strategic initiatives to build healthier lives and lasting solutions for homelessness.
Providing county-wide connections to services, resources, and a clear pathway to housing.
Values: Making an IMPACT
- Inclusion: Understanding the diverse needs of the community we serve through an equitable lens
- Movement: Clear and responsible progress toward best practices through data-informed decisions
- Partnership: Respectful, regional coordination between committee members
- Accessibility: Being available to one another and the public when pursuing real, lasting solutions
- Compassion: Walking the path of homelessness with a warm, friendly and welcoming response to requests and requirements
- Transparency: Honest and open interactions and decision making