Contractor Licensing

Contractor Licensing Information

All contractors are required to be licensed in Arapahoe County to perform work in unincorporated Arapahoe County.

Find out what you need to apply or renew your contractor license:

  1. Complete your application using Citizen Access
    1. Select Contractor License Payments or Search by ‘contractor’
  2. Attach to application:
    1. ICC (International Code Council), except electricians and plumbers
    2. Proof of General Liability coverage with the following minimum limits: 
      1. General aggregate: two million dollars ($2,000,000.00) 
      2. Each occurrence: one million dollars ($1,000,000.00)
      3. Insurance must list: Arapahoe County - 6924 S. Lima St., Centennial, CO 80112 - as additional Holder
    3. Proof of Workers’ Compensation coverage as required by State law (if applicable)
    4. Electricians and plumbers must submit a Master State License
  3. You will be prompted to pay for your license online

Button to Citizen Access Portal Opens in new window

Ready to apply? Click Citizen Access to get started.

Our services are for unincorporated parts of the County. Check the property jurisdiction

License Types and Fees

All licenses expire on 12/31. 

  1. Class A
  2. Class B
  3. Class C
  4. Class D
  5. Class AM
  6. Class BM
  7. FASC
  8. Class M

Class A: Building Contractor – Fee is $360

This license entitles the holder to work for the construction, alteration, tenant finish, or repair of any type or size of structure permitted by the International Building Code or the International Residential Code. Contractors shall be required to furnish proof of ICC Building Contractor CLASS "A" or "B" certification or equivalent certification by a recognized state or national certification entity.