Community Impact

 Enhancing quality of life through funding opportunities to support affordable housing, service providers and programs and community infrastructure improvements. 

Community Development Grants

The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program is a U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) entitlement program, which allocates annual grants to Arapahoe County 501c3 organizations to develop viable communities by providing decent affordable housing, a suitable living environment and expanded economic opportunities, principally for low-and moderate-income residents. Learn more about eligibility

Facilities and Infrastructure

To acquire, construct, reconstruct, rehabilitate, or install public facilities and improvements like neighborhood facilities, public schools, and libraries, nursing homes, hospitals, transitional housing, group homes, and shelters or streets, sidewalks, curbs and gutters, parks, playgrounds, water and sewer lines, flood and drainage improvements, parking lots, and utility lines.

Public Services

Services (including staffing, supplies and materials), including but not limited to those concerned with employment, crime prevention, childcare, health, drug abuse, education, housing counseling, food banks, or needs of seniors, children or the disabled.

Affordable Housing

Providing or improving permanent residential structures for low- and moderate-income households, elderly or severely disabled persons. 

Private Activity Bonds

Tax-exempt bonds issued for non profits, single-family mortgage revenue bonds, residential rental projects, redevelopment of blighted areas, mortgage credit certificates, waste/water/sewer/gas/electric facilities. 

Apply with the County or Apply to the Colorado Department of Local Affairs

HOME Funds

HOME Investment Partnership Funds, which are entitlement monies received by Arapahoe County through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. HOME funds may be used to acquire, maintain and create affordable housing for low to moderate-income individuals in the county, assist with down payments and closing costs for first-time home buyers and rehabilitate housing in Arapahoe County. Learn more and apply


Arapahoe County, through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), will receive $2,691,031 in HOME Investment Partnerships Program—American Rescue Plan (HOME-ARP) funds to help reduce homelessness and increase housing stability.  

A draft of the County’s HOME-ARP Plan is available for review until Sunday, March 19, 2023.

The draft HOME-ARP plan establishes funding priorities and allocations for the $2,691,031 entitlement allocation, and will be submitted to HUD for approval, as part of a substantial amendment to the 2021 Annual Action Plan.  The plan was developed based on the consultation and public participation process, the needs assessment and gap analysis, and includes proposed allocations for projects within the following categories: rental housing, tenant-based rental assistance, supportive services, acquisition and/or development of non-congregate shelter, non-profit operating assistance or capacity building, and HOME-ARP administration and planning.  

The draft HOME-ARP plan is also available by request made to Jeremy Fink at or 303-738-8062 or by TDD 303-738-8033, or in person at Arapahoe County Community Development offices located at 1690 W. Littleton Blvd., Suite 300, Littleton, CO 80120.

Interested parties that would like to submit comments and input to help guide HOME-ARP funding decisions can submit comments to Jeremy Fink via email, phone, or in person (contact information listed above.)

The County will consider any comments (written or verbal) received during the public comment period when preparing and submitting the HOME-ARP plan.  As such, a summary of the comments will be incorporated into the final document.

The County encourages citizen participation, emphasizing demographic diversity and the involvement of low-to-moderate income residents, particularly residents and interested parties located in areas served HOME-ARP projects.  

If you need special accommodations or translation services to review the HOME-ARP plan and/or to submit comments, or if you would like to request related documents in a language other than English, please contact Jeremy Fink (contact information listed above.)