CARES for People
$15M in Funds
These funds will be used to support:
- Physical and behavioral health services at agencies throughout the county, for telehealth services including.
- Up to $1.2M for hotel/motel vouchers for people experiencing homelessness, including the criminal justice population, and people whose living situation--such as living in overcrowded situations or with high-risk people--makes it temporarily untenable to live at home while they recover from COVID-related illness. This may include DHS in-custody youth who have either been diagnosed with, are exhibiting symptoms of, or have been potentially exposed to COVID-19 and are in need of out-of-home placement. These funds will help provide emergency short-term housing that will help slow the spread of COVID-19 among these vulnerable populations.
Apply for Funds
Non-profit agencies interested in applying for hotel/motel voucher funds can find details on the Application Form. The deadline to apply is June 25, 2020. Email ACCARES@arapahoegov.com with questions.
Rent and Mortgage Assistance Program
For COVID-19-related loss of income
Our community is facing unprecedented social, public health and economic instability with the COVID-19 pandemic. Arapahoe County is providing rental and mortgage assistance to households that have experienced a COVID-19-related income loss.
The primary goal of this program is to keep families in their homes, preventing loss of housing by assisting with rent/mortgage assistance for households with income up to 80 percent of AMI (Area Median Income). For example: a household of four would have less than $80,000 of annual gross income.
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible for this assistance program, applicants must:
- Be an Arapahoe County resident
- Have experienced a COVID-19-related income loss
- Be income-eligible for the grant funding
- Provide proof of applying for unemployment compensation.
- Provide proof of who lives in your household (must be the ID’s or the lease showing all household members).
- Provide proof of income for every member of the household for the prior to application. (i.e. pay stubs, social security award letters, proof of child support, or proof of other income).
- Applicants must provide a current signed lease or mortgage statement.
- Applicants must provide landlord or mortgage company contact information. Either must be willing to provide a W9 and accept payment from Arapahoe County.
How to Apply
- Fast Scanner is a free app to assist in sending documents
For assistance or questions, please call 303-738-8040 or email email@example.com.
Remember, funds are limited. Providing this information is not a guarantee of rent assistance.