CARES for Businesses
Advance Arapahoe Business Impact Assistance Grant: Round 2
The application window is closing on Friday, Dec. 11.
Arapahoe County is launching a $5 million grant program targeted to businesses with a gross annual revenue of $1 million dollars or less within Arapahoe County to ease the current economic burden resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Business Gross Revenue Loss Due to the Pandemic
- Grant can be used to support the operational needs of the business such as lease/mortgage payments, utility expenses, payroll expense, supplies and services, materials. (If grant funding was received by the business within the past 6 months that amount may be deducted from the award.)
- Award amounts will be determined by Annual Gross Revenue
- Less than $500K: Up to $20,000
- $500k to $1 Million: Up to $40,000
The application process for the Arapahoe County COVID-19 Business Assistance Grant Program will open on October 1 and close on Friday, Dec. 11, 2020 or until funds are expended.
The streamlined application process is designed to be quick and easy. You will need to have the following information available in electronic format prior to submitting your application.
- Applicant Identification (Government issued ID)
- 2019 Financial/Tax reports showing gross annual revenue amount.
- 2020 Financial report showing gross revenue reported
Qualifying businesses must have operated a physical location in Arapahoe County for at least the last 12 months (October 1, 2019), have an annual gross revenue of $1 million dollars or less, be in good standing with regulatory agencies, and meet minimum financial requirements.
First priority will be to fund Arapahoe County businesses within the boundaries of unincorporated Arapahoe County as most cities within the boundaries of incorporated entities have assistance available through their jurisdiction.
- If emergency funding or grants have already been received, eligible grant awards may be reduced by the amount received from those sources.
- Annual gross revenues of $1 million or less with a physical address in Arapahoe County
- For profit business that has lost revenue due to COVID-19
- Business has been in operation in Arapahoe County for last 12 months (October 1, 2019).
- The business has been forced to temporarily close or forced to dramatically limit operations due to the Public Health Orders related to COVID-19
- Franchise businesses allowed if locally-owned and can demonstrate lack of franchisor support
- Home based businesses allowed if in good standing with State, County and City regulations.
- Sole proprietorships allowed if in good standing with State, County and City regulations.
Prohibited use of Funds:
- Any expense not considered an eligible business expense by IRS rules
- Wages to any member of the owner’s family who is not a bona fide employee
- Charitable or Political contributions
- Salary to the owner that exceeds the amount paid on a weekly or monthly basis for the same period in 2019
- Payment of debt in excess of a minimum payment in an underlying debt instrument
- Payment of payroll expenses that have already been granted funds through the Payroll Protection Program
The following list of business types are not eligible for assistance:
- Businesses that continued to operate without restriction during Covid 19 pandemic. Such as mandated businesses, and essential businesses, etc.
- Businesses deriving more than one-third of gross annual revenue from legal gambling activities
- Businesses engaged in any illegal activity
- Marijuana (medical and recreational)
- Businesses offering adult services or products
- Publicly Traded Businesses
Apply for a Grant
Call 303-636-1359 and leave a message. Your call will be returned.
City Business Assistance Programs
- Aurora Economic Recovery Grant Program
- Aurora Economic Resiliency Program
- Centennial CARES: Small Business Grants
- Cherry Hills Village Business Assistance Grant Program
- Englewood Business Assistance Grants
- Greenwood Village CARES: Small Business Grants
- Littleton CARES:
- Business Recovery Grant Program
- Non-Profit Assistance Program