Rent, Mortgage and Utility Assistance
The goal of this program is to keep families in their homes with the heat and lights on. This assistance program helps to alleviate short-term financial stress on housing needs, so that families can focus resources on other basic and critical needs. Funding for this program is limited and submitting an application is not a guarantee of assistance.
How to Apply
For assistance with rent, mortgage or utility payments please call 303-738-7891 or email email@example.com. One of our team members will assist in pre-screening for eligibility and application.
If you have a COVID-related loss of income and if your income is less than 80 percent of the area median income (AMI), you may be eligible for this program. Those with income less than 50% AMI will be given first priority. For example, a household of four at 50% AMI makes less than $50,000 in annual gross income. Don’t worry about the math, we’ll walk you through it during the application process. Other eligibility requirements:
- Arapahoe County resident
- Legally present in the United States
- Meet income qualifications for the grant that will be providing assistance
- Provide proof of all who live in your household (for children: listed on the lease, school enrollment forms, etc.)
- Provide proof of income for all adults in your households and any minors who may be receiving income such as SSI (pay stubs, social security award letters, proof of child support and any other income)
- A current signed lease
- An eviction notice (if being evicted for non-payment)
- ID’s for adults in the household
- Landlord contact information
- COVID-19-related loss of income? See below.
Once you speak with a program coordinator, and meet eligibility requirements, you will receive an application. All supporting documentation and application will be sent electronically. Fast Scanner is a free app to assist in sending documents
If you are applying due to a COVID-19-related loss of income, you must provide proof of job loss and that you have applied for unemployment including the UC decision, if you have received it.
Learn more about additional COVID-19 resources and information at www.arapahoegov.com/covid19.
The Housing and Community Development team also can assist with referrals to other rental assistance programs, eviction resources, homeless prevention services and other general housing resources. For additional assistance and programs, please visit Arapahoe County Human Services pages.
To search for the closest food banks, shelters, transportation options, medical facilities and more, visit ArapaSOURCE.