The data behind the demographics of Arapahoe County
The following reports provide more information about the County and several subareas within the County. The information in the reports comes from a variety of sources, including the US Census, American Community Survey, Colorado State Demography Office, Colorado Department of Labor and Employment, and the US Department of Agriculture. While the data use the most current information available at the time the reports were prepared, the information will need to be revised and updated to reflect the most recent demographic information available.
What characteristics distinguish Arapahoe County from other counties in Colorado? Learn more about the demographics behind our population.
- Population and Households
- Social Characteristics
- Income and Poverty
- Housing Characteristics
Commissioner District Data
To provide information for areas below the County level, the following reports use the five county commissioner districts. In 2010, each of these districts contained about 115,000 people.
- Arapahoe County Commissioner Districts
- Population and Household by District
- Social Characteristics by District
- Employment by District
- Income and Poverty by District
- Housing Characteristics by District
- Commuting to Work
- Education by District
Characteristics of Unincorporated Arapahoe County
Much of the population and employment in Arapahoe County is contained within the thirteen incorporated cities and towns. The following reports present information for the area outside of these places but in the unincorporated portion of the County.
- Unincorporated Arapahoe County
- Unincorporated Population and Households
- Unincorporated Social Characteristics
- Employment in Unincorporated Arapahoe County
- Unincorporated Income and Poverty
- Unincorporated Housing Characteristics
- Commuting to Work in Unincorporated Arapahoe County
Characteristics of the Eastern Plains Area
The Eastern Plains area of the County is of special interest since it contains most of the non-urban area that may develop in the future. The Arapahoe County Planning Commission is directing much of its attention to this area as part of an update to the County comprehensive plan.