Per Colorado Revised Statute 30-10-520, the Civil Section cannot give legal advice.

Financial Rental Assistance: If you or your tenant are struggling to pay rent due to a COVID-19-related loss of income, you may be eligible for short-term financial assistance. Learn more about Arapahoe County rental assistance program at www.arapahoegov.com/rentassistance.

The Sheriff's Office Civil Section will provide you with this information sheet so you may access the many resources available to complete a legal eviction.
  • Legal Aid 303-837-1313
  • Metro Lawyer Referral Service 303-831-8000
  • Tenant Landlord Counseling 303-237-0230

Forms & Procedures

To access the necessary forms and procedures for completing an eviction, click here, then click on the tab at the top labeled 'Self Help/Forms.' Click on the link labeled 'Housing Cases.'

This section will explain the step-by-step legal process to obtaining a legal eviction and all the forms needed are also provided here in Word or Acrobat format. If you have any questions regarding this process or the forms needed, please contact an attorney or Legal Aid.

To file an eviction, you will need to go to the Arapahoe County Court located at:
1790 West Littleton Boulevard
Littleton, CO 80120
Phone: 303-798-4591

Writ of Restitution

Once the Writ of Restitution is issued by the court and obtained by the landlord, the Sheriff's Office requires the Writ of Restitution be posted in a conspicuous place on the door of the residence by a disinterested third party, who is over the age of 18, is not a relative of the plaintiff, and is not involved in the case in any way. If you have a disinterested third party post the Writ of Restitution, have them fill out the generic Return of Service. Have this document signed and notarized. The Civil Section can do this posting for you, however, there is an additional fee of $35 plus mileage (depending on address).

For the execution of the Writ of Restitution, the Civil Section needs the following from the landlord:
  • One copy of the Writ of Restitution (two copies if we are doing the posting).
  • One copy of the Proof of Posting (if applicable).
  • Cash or check in the amount of $100 plus mileage (also $35 plus mileage for the posting, if applicable).
  • A current mailing address and contact phone number from the landlord.
  • An able-bodied crew to remove the property (the deputy will discuss this with you).


If you are a tenant, the Civil Section cannot tell you when the eviction is scheduled. The deputy schedules the eviction with the landlord; therefore, the Civil Section does not have this information.

If the judgment is against the tenant, the tenant needs to remove their belonging from the residence as soon as possible to avoid having their belongings removed and placed outside the residence.

If you are a landlord and will be scheduling an eviction with the Civil Section (once the Writ of Restitution is obtained), please read the requirements.

Contact Us

  1. Civil and Warrants Unit
    13101 East Broncos Parkway
    Centennial, CO 80112

    7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
    Monday through Friday
    Closed on county holidays

    Civil Resources: