Arapahoe County News

Posted on: March 13, 2018

Appointments now available for Persons with Disability placards and plates

PWDGraphic for NewsFlash

The Arapahoe County Clerk and Recorder’s Office now offers appointments for Persons with Disabilities placards or license plates as an added convenience. These services also will continue to be available on a walk-in basis. 

Residents may schedule an appointment online at or by calling 303-795-4500.

“Arapahoe County is home to more than 26,000 residents with an ambulatory disability, many of whom qualify for disability parking privileges,” said Clerk and Recorder Matt Crane. “Every day, our Motor Vehicle Division assists approximately 50 citizens to apply for or renew a Persons with Disabilities placard or plate. Now, those citizens can book an appointment exclusively for that service and be seen immediately upon arrival, without a wait.”

Appointments will last 15 minutes and will be available Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) at the Clerk and Recorder’s Aurora Branch (490 S. Chambers Rd), Littleton Branch (5334 S. Prince Street) and Centennial Branch (6954 S. Lima Street).

Persons with Disabilities placards and plates vehicles carrying eligible persons to park in any space marked with the International Symbol of Access. Applicants must meet criteria for mobility, assisted mobility, respiratory, oxygen, cardiac or another conditions that severely limits one’s ability to walk.

Under Colorado law, a qualified person with a disability may receive two license plates or two placards, or one of each. The person with a disability must be an owner of the vehicle to qualify for license plates. Plates are valid for one year and must be renewed annually. Placards are valid for three years and may be displayed on any vehicle that transports the qualified individual. A short-term placard may be issued to qualified individuals who have a condition that is expected to last less than 90 days.

Parents or guardians also may apply for one license plate or placard to be used when transporting a child under 16 with a disability. Organizations that transport persons with disabilities, such as a shuttle service or assisted living facility, may also apply for a placard.

Learn about the requirements and download an application for Persons with Disabilities placards and plates at For information about motor vehicle registration and title services in Arapahoe County, please visit

# # #

View Printer-Friendly Version
Facebook Twitter Google Plus Email