Arapahoe County Partnering for the Holidays
Share the Season with Neighbors in Need!
Partnering for the Holidays creates a special holiday season for local individuals and families in need. The program was created by employees of Arapahoe County Human Services and is a charitable program of the non-profit organization, Arapahoe County Foundation.
Partnering for the Holidays provides holiday gifts for Arapahoe County residents who are involved as clients with Arapahoe County Human Services. The program benefits those who may otherwise go without during the holiday season - to include children and adults in crisis, victims of abuse or neglect, or those experiencing financial hardship.
We partner with community members like you from across the metro-Denver area who generously donate new holiday gifts for these families. Families have told us what they really appreciate is experiencing the joy that others receive when they find just that right gift for their family members.
New this year!Caseworkers and Social Workers will hand deliver gifts directly to the recipients all winter long as a way to personally bring holiday cheer to those we serve this season. This will give our community an extended opportunity to be a part of this program and ensure all deserving children and adults get a gift. This will eliminate the need for volunteers this year to staff the Winter Wonderland event as we will not be holding one in December.
General items on wish lists:
- $25 gifts cards (King Soopers, Target, Walmart, Ross, movie theatres, family-focused activities, fast food restaurants)
- Skateboards/longboards, scooters, sports equipment, sportswear, reusable water bottles
- Headphones or earbuds, hand held electronic games
- Action figures/dolls, toy tool or cooking sets, trucks, wagons, art supplies/craft kits, stuffed animals, baby toys
- Family friendly puzzles, board and card games, books for all ages and that reflect various cultures and ethnicities
- Watches, nail polish, makeup, hair accessories, bath products, perfume, aftershave/cologne
- DVDs, art supplies, journals, adult and children’s coloring books, crayons, colored pencils
- Blankets and throws
- Small appliances and housewares
- Power and hand tools
- Personal daily/weekly planners, journals, calendars
- Smaller stocking stuffers
- Winter scarves, hats, mittens/gloves
*** No violent toys/weapons please.
- Holiday wrapping paper and bows: To help our shoppers with the complete holiday gift giving experience we ask that donors contribute a roll of wrapping paper and/or gift bags and a bag of bows.
You can donate online using a credit card or electronic funds transfer, or mail a check payable to 'Arapahoe County Foundation Partnering for the Holidays', 14980 E. Alameda Drive, Aurora, CO 80012
All funds and gifts go directly to gifts for our clients in-need. Partnering for the Holidays is a program of the Arapahoe County Foundation, an exempt organization under §501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Your contributions may be tax-deductible.