Commissioner Nancy Jackson
Serving District 4
Nancy Jackson is serving her third term as Commissioner representing District 4, which includes the unincorporated area in north Arapahoe County and portions of the City of Aurora. She was sworn in on January 2019 and her third term expires January 2023. She is serving as Chair Pro Tem in 2019. As Commissioner, Nancy oversees the Human Resources and the Public Works and Development departments. She serves on the County's Executive Budget Committee.
Nancy represents the County's interests on a variety of boards and committees. She serves on the Colorado Counties Inc. General Government and Justice and Public Safety Committees, and on the National Association of Counties Health Steering Committee.
Other committees include:
- Arapahoe County Foundation Board of Directors
- Arapahoe/Douglas Regional Workforce Development Board
- Aurora Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Aurora Mental Health Center Governing Board and Behavioral Healthcare
- Board of Social Services
- Cherry Creek Basin Working Group
- Colorado Courthouse Security Governing Board
- High Line Canal Working Group
- Housing Authority
- Justice Coordinating Committee
- Metro Area County Commissioners
- Rocky Mountain Crisis Partners
In 2017, she was appointed by Governor John Hickenlooper to serve on the statewide Workforce Development Council. She owns a small property management company.